Wednesday, March 23, 2016

My First REAL Tea

So let's begin this journey, shall we?!? I'll be posting about my tea journey from start to present. And yes, I'll be giving my opinions (good, bad & ugly on each tea tasting and tea shop visit).

Once I decided to add teas to the new coffee bar going in my store, The Soap Hut, I figured I needed to learn a little something about teas. Taste them for myself. Learn what I like and don't like. Learn how to serve the many different types and flavors. My first trip out and about landed me in a Teavana store in the mall. Now, I know, some of you more seasoned tea lovers may be saying "that's not tea" (as I've heard several already tell me in person LOL). BUT, it's where it started for me. And everyone has to start somewhere, right?

The first tea I tried was heavenly. It was their Youthberry® Wild Orange Blossom Blend. It wasn't overly sweet. And oh my is it delicious. It is a white tea blend. And here is the description they give: "Refreshing sweet pineapple & fruity acai berry infusion with orange and light floral undertones". This tea made me want to try others in their store. I did end up coming home with that blend, a Chai, Jade Citrus Mine (a flavored green tea), Jasmine Pearls & Peach Tranquility (a green tea blend) and a bag of their beet root rock sugar (love this stuff too).

Being that I had nothing to even steep the tea in I also purchased an infuser while I was there. And now, I'm hooked. Trying many other teas since and looking forward to trying many more.

1 comment:

  1. Just a side note.....my very good friend, Denise McCoy, told me a while back that she'd have me drinking tea at some point. I used to turn my nose up to her teas and opt for coffee. Denise, just so you know, I am a convert now. LOL

    ReplyDelete