Friday, March 25, 2016

First Mocha.....New Machine

It has been nearly 8 years since I had the coffee & chocolate shop open. So that's a pretty long time since I've made a real mocha. Needless to say, I am out of practice. This is the first Mocha made with the new espresso machine at the store. I'll be indulging in many of these over the next few weeks while we prepare to open the coffee/tea bar. I need the practice. LOL I must say though, it was delicious. 12 oz Mocha, double shot, Ghirardelli chocolate sauce, topped with whipped cream and drizzled with Ghirardelli caramel sauce. Mmmmmmmm yep, I enjoyed it very much.

And this would be the new espresso machine. No, it's not one of the really huge plumbed machines you see at Starbuck's. We're a small shop with a small coffee/tea bar. And to be honest, this pulls a great tasting shot that is no less in quality than the big huge fancy machines. It took me a few tries to get the grind, amount and tamp just right. But I do believe I got it. :-) At least it did taste delicious. It doesn't steam the milk quite as fast as the large fancy machines do. So just be patient because you won't be disappointed in the shots it pulls. And, it's all in the bean too. We will have Larry's Coffee in the store (a local roaster) so it will be even better and so very tasty.

For those of you that love to stamp and scrapbook.....did you notice the mug my Mocha was made in??? Yes, I enjoy stamping as well. And we will be offering some stamp gathering events in the store once everything is set up so be watching for more information on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment