Thursday, March 24, 2016

More "New to Me" Flavors

Ok, so I have to admit that while I was in Teavana I had to pick up a few other teas and tea gadget and all while I was there. I couldn't stop with just the one tea. LOL Yes, I've become a "tea junkie". Can you beleive there's a mug for that? LOL

On to the other teas I tried from Teavana.

Jasmine Pearls & Peach Tranquility ~ This is another one that they had on their sampling bar. I think this is one that they had out that was NOT sweetened. It was delicious before any sweetener was added. And smells heavenly. So I had to get some to take home to brew. And yes, I did add a little bit of sweetener. While at Teavana I also picked up a bag of the Rock Sugar (beat sugar crystals). Only a little bit is all that is needed. I followed the instructions they put on the tin and it was just as tasty as it was in the store (a little better with the sweetener).

Jade Citrus Mint ~ This one smells sooooooo good. But, I guess I'm more of a fruity kind of gal because I didn't LOVE this one. It was good. But not my favorite. I didn't try it over ice though. So that's next on my list. I can tell you this though, I could sit and sniff on this tea all day long. It's very uplifting. I think it needs a little more of the citrus and a little less mint.

Maharaja Chai Oolong & Samurai Chai Mate Oolong Tea ~ wow. what a mouthful. I kid you not though, that is exactly as it appears on the label. First of all, I've never really been much of a Chai fan. I do have to say that I did enjoy this one. It wouldn't be my first choice. But I can see drinking this on a cold night to warm up. It was also on their tasting bar. They had added just a tiny bit of sweetener to this one. I picked it up because it smelled so good. I haven't tried it since bringing it home. And when we first unpacked my bag from the store and looked at the names, well, look at the first word, at first glance and without glasses on one could mistakenly read it as Marijuana. LOL But no, I'm not drinking Marijuana tea. It's just Chai.

My other take away from my first visit to this store was a nifty little tea brewer that you brew your tea in and then sit on top of your cup and it drains the brew minus the tea leaves and minus a bag. So you have the wonderful fullness of flavor from the full loose leaf teas with ease. Love this little thing. A little on the pricey side but I do like it.

And so now, I am looking forward to trying so many new teas from a couple of suppliers that I've narrowed down as providers for our little tea bar that will be opening soon. And in the meantime, I am continuing to devour all and every book and bit of information regarding teas, where they come from, how they are harvested and processed, how they are flavored, and everything else you can think of that a "tea junkie" might want to learn about tes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment